Spay & Neuter for Dogs and Cats
MVC Vet Care offers safe, low-risk spay & neuter procedures, which offer many preventive health benefits for your pet.
Safe Procedure for Dogs & Cats
Spaying & Neutering
What spaying and neutering can do for your pet’s health
- No risk of developing ovarian cancer (females) or testicular cancer (males)
- Greatly-reduced mammary cancer risks (females)
- Less risk of developing an enlarged prostate (males)
- Reduced roaming tendencies
- Less aggression, marking/spraying, and mounting furniture or other animals (males)
- Fewer health problems associated with going into heat (females)
How safe is spaying and neutering?
Spaying and Neutering is a very low-risk procedure that has many health benefits for your pet. MVC Vet Care offers a safe, sterile welcoming environment to perform a broad range of surgical services.
Our skilled veterinarians commit to the highest standards and make pet surgery the absolute safest it can be.
How do I know when my pet is ready?
Pets should have their spay or neuter before reaching adulthood. Cats and small to medium-sized dogs may have the procedure at about 6 months old.
However, large and extra-large-breed dogs may need to wait until they are 9 months to almost a year old, or more. Weight, physical development, and overall health will ultimately help us decide when the time is right.